The 27-holes of The County Sligo Golf Club at Rosses Point 1894 located on the Peninsula Rosses Point was founded in 1894 and redesigned by the famous golf architect Harry S. Colt in 1927.
The Championship Course is a centenarian with all the dignity and maturity of age. It is one of Ireland’s great championship links and currently ranked in the top 10 list of Irish Golf courses and features in the top 50 in Great Britain & Ireland . The course has hosted most of Ireland’s major championships in its long and venerable history.
Many believe that Rosses Point offers the finest 18 holes in the country. Among the most beautiful holes on the front nine is the short par four 2nd hole. Measuring just over 278 metres, the hole plays severely uphill and your approach can be very difficult to judge, while the panoramic view from the green is sensational.
The 9-hole Bomore Course was added in 1999 and has become very popular with members and visitors alike. These nine holes present a very different challenge from the championship course with prickly gorse bushes and numerous water hazards awaiting an errant drive. The terrain is flat and mostly below sea level and is regarded by many as a very challenging test.
Rosses Point , IR Rosses Point